PIN PARVATI PASS TREK
SNOW, GLACIERS, FOREST, MEADOWS, RIVER, BIRDS & GREAT VIEWS OF HIMALAYAS
11 DAYS/10 NIGHTS
DAY 01: MANALI TO BARSHAINI AND TREK TO KALGA
• Manali to Barshaini 4 – 5 hrs drive.
• Barshaini to Kalga 1/2 hr trek.
• Lunch at Manikaran (Stoppage for 1 hr).
• Leave Manali at 10 am.
• Bring left luggage separately so that without wasting time we will leave Manali on time.
• Networks are available at Kalga.
• Stay in home stay.
• Some parts of trek through apple orchid.
DAY 02: KALGA TO KHEERGANGA
• 10 km trek 6-7 hrs.
• Stay in tents/ local rest house.
• No Network available.
• Hot water spring at Kheerganga
• Trek along with Parvati River.
• Will get much maggi point on the way
• Mixed forest of Pine, Oak, Horse chestnut, Wall nut
• Less steep ascent, more of gradual ascent.
DAY 03: KHEERGANGA TO TUNDA BHUJ
• 13 km trek 7-8 hrs.
• Camp setup takes time due to erratic availability of water, be patient.
• Gradual ascent but tiring.
• 3 small stream with small bridge be careful.
• No shops on the way.
• Last day of the forest.
DAY 04: TUNDA BHUJ TO THAKUR KUAN
• 11 km trek 6-7 hrs
• Most beautiful campsite of the trek
• Tricky and rocky patch on the way so walking together is mandatory
• After the tricky patch very steep ascent for 1 hr
DAY 05: THAKUR KUAN TO ODI THACH
• 9 km trek 5-6hrs
• Easiest day of the trek
• Pandu Bridge (Most tricky patch) comes just after 1.5 hrs of trek, to cross that bridge everyone has to be
• Most of the trail is flat walk
• Water points are available before the Pandu Bridge
• Very windy campsite
DAY 06: ODI THACH TO MANTALAI LAKE
• 12 km trek 7-8 hrs
• After half hour from Odi Thach a big ground comes, cross that ground from left side (ground id very muddy)
• Moraine area start just after crossing that ground
• Mantalai Lake is the source of Parvati River
• Small temple of lord Shiva at Mantalai Lake, from temple campsite is 45 minutes far.
• Chances of getting AMS is high, keep yourself hydrate
• Swimming in the lake is not aloud and not advisable
DAY 07: MANTALI LAKE TO SUMMIT CAMP
• 11 km trek 7-8 hrs
• Exhausted day
• Most of the part is very steep ascent
• After 3 1/2 hrs one more stream crossing
• Chances of missing is very high, never walk alone
• Camp site is most uncomfortable, camping will be on rocks
DAY 08: SUMMIT CAMP – SUMMIT TO PIN BASE/ BEDU THATCH
• 15 km Trek 10-12 hrs
• Stay on summit maximum for 15 to 20 minutes
• Today don’t make your own route on snow, always fallow trek leader or guide (craves area)
• Today’s descent is more tricky and tiring then ascent
• One stream and one river crossing keep floaters handy and cross under the guidance of your trek leader
• After river crossing camp site is one hour far
DAY 09: TIYA TO MUD DRIVE TO KAZA
• 12 km trek 4-5 hrs
• 25 km drive 1 hr
• Flat walk almost on the road
• Trek till Mud and drive to Kaza
• Due to no network transportation timing may get late
• Stay in Kaza (Guest house)
DAY 10: PIN BASE TO TIYA
• 12 km trek 5-6 hrs
• Gradual descent
• Very beautiful campsite and windy
• Bearn land
• Can see the Bhaba Pass rout
DAY 11: KAZA TO MANALI
You’ll reach Manali between 6:00 pm and 7:00 pm. You can book your travel any time after 7:30 pm.