JAGATSUKH TO BASE OF DEO TIBBA
SNOW, GLACIERS, FOREST, MEADOWS, RIVER, BIRDS & GREAT VIEWS OF HIMALAYAN PEAKS
6 DAYS/5 NIGHTS
DAY 01: MANALI TO JAGATSUKH TO KHANUL (2,020 METRES) (6 KM MOTORABLE AND A 4 KM TREK)
• Six km motorable road leads to the village of Jagatsukh after which the trail winds upwards alongside the
Bahangan Nullah from Khanul which is the first days camp.
• The Manali valley appears far below and to the east lies the mighty mountain – Deo Tibba.
• Along, the way to Khanul green forests with an amazing variety of vegetation dot the way.
DAY 02: KHANUL TO CHHIKA (2,960 MT)
The six kilometer long trail goes along an alpine plateau and is almost a gradual incline. All around the trail lie excellent rock climbing hills. Camp at Chhika.
DAY 03: CHHIKA TO SERI (3,390 MT)
• Today the trail continues uphill for 5 km and the sudden appearance of Deo Tibba is breathtaking.
• Seri was once a glaciated lake, but is now a meadow carpeted with an astounding variety of herbs and alpine
• Camp in this fairyland beneath a clear blue sky twinkling with a million stars.
DAY 04: SERI TO CHANDRAL OR TAINA ALPINE PLATEAU (4,57 METRES) (19 KM)
You have two options, both worth the short climbs, involved. The flora enthusiast will have a wonderful time trying to identify the hundreds of flowers growing everywhere, and the tiny lake provides some excellent views of Deo Tibba and others peaks of Manali and Spiti ranges.
DAY 05: TREK TO BHANARA VILLAGE
Leaving this wonderland behind, the trail descends downwards back to the forests that lie above Manali. Camp is at the village of Bahnara.
DAY 06:BAHNARA TO MANALI
There is an ancient temple at Bahnara, while Arjun Gufa is the place where Arjuna did penance.drive to Manali.